Question
Posted by: Mommy | 2011-07-04

ringworms?

Hi Doc, please help.
I read somewhere about ringworms and ways to see if your child has them. I have a 34months
old boy, the last time we dewormed him was when he was 24 months. And then 3 weeks ago we saw
rash on his neck(in a shape of a ring). We went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave us
Vermox, the rash dissappeared after a couple of days after he drank it. But now last week
Thursday,the similar shaped rash appeared on his right hand. must we take hi to the doctor?
Is it really worms?
Thank you.
Your advice will be greatle appreciated.

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination of the rash, in order to have a clear diagnosis made, as it can also be due to a fungal infection.