Posted by: Natasha | 2009-03-05

Ringworm in cats

Good Morning CV
I am currently fighting against a wave of ringworm in my cats. It appears that my new Persian had ringworm when I got her, and now it is doing the rounds in all my cats. So far 5 of the 8 of them have been affected. I have spent hours and thousands at the vet getting them checked, and am F10 bathing them every second day, and the one who is affected the worst (my Oriental) is also on oral medication.
One of my Moggies has now got a ringworm on the tip of her nose. The problem is that the Ointment I put on is a bit useless, as with one lick over her nose it is all gone !!!! I am finding it a bit difficult to get her not to lick her nose !!
Do you have any suggestions on how to treat this particular ringworm. Someone has suggested that I dab a bit of Apple Cidar Vinigar on it, as she won' t like the taste.

Dear Natasha

You can apply a small bit of Canestan three times daily and rub it in before the cat licks it off.