Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-04-06

RINGWORM

I was informed Saturday that I have a ringworm in the fold of my right arm. The pharmasist gave me medaspor - a topical cream - to be applied 2 to 3 times daily.

I''d like to know what happens if I apply it 4 times daily, will it clear the ringworm up quicker? And how paranoid should I be with regards to spreading of the fungus - bedding, clothing ect - is a normal mashine wash sufficient?

And lastly, can I cover the area (which is as big as a 20c coin) with a band-aid?

Thank you!

Medaspor can be applied three to four times daily. The result will however, be the same. You do not have to be paranoid, as the yeast infection does not spread easily and the washing of clothes can be done as usual.

Do not cover the area, as this will accelerate the growth of the infection.