Posted by: KT | 2010-02-21

My baby is 7mnths with a horrible rash on her side and under her arm. It at first looked like a mosquito bite, but now is big dry and round, with a lot of little spots around the area. Pharmacist says it is ringworm but anti fungal cream not working and it is just spreading. We do not have animals and she does not go to school. Does ringoworm spread quickly and " naturally" . She is covered so does not touch the spot and then other areas. Any other suggestions what it could be? Not convinced it is ringworm.

It is difficult to give advice without examining the dermatological appearance. It is possible that your child has a localised eczema or dermatitis. Therefore, I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and adequate treatment. Ringworm responds very well to anti-fungal cream and if there is no response, it is worth while to have the rash examined.