Posted by: Michelle | 2009-02-17

I have a little ringneck that is 1 year and 6 months old. When i just got him i discovered that he was blind. He also suffers from osteoperosis. Tookhim to the animal eye clinic and they confirmed it for me and said that he would not live upto 4 mnths. He now is starting to show sign of discomfort and pain as he is constantly screaming. What do i do? I love him very dearly and wish i could help him. Do i put him down so that he does not suffer anymore or do you know of a vet that would be able to help?

Dear Michelle

Follow Chill's advice.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-18

Well, that' s really useful. Unfortunately I don' t know any avian vets whose area of operations cover the entire country....

So - what have these three avian vets told you?

And why three? Are you REALLY going to follow the advice on an anonymous internet forum rather than what three professionals have already told you?

What do you actually want us to say?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: michelle | 2009-02-18

Im in South Africa. I have been to 3 differents avian vets already.....

Reply to michelle
Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-17

You need an avian vet, and you need to follow whatever advice you are given by the vet.

Where in the country are you? Maybe someone can recommend a good bird specialist...

Reply to Chill