Posted by: Jenna | 2009-07-06

Ringing in ears

I had flu about a month ago and since the flu symptoms started i noticed my ears constantly ' ring' . The flu is gone but not the ringing. It only bothers me in the morning and at night when the house is quiet. What could this be? I am 28 years old if it makes a difference.

Dear Jenna
This is called Tinnitus and is caused by middle ear swelling, fluid or irritation, or certain drugs like antibiotics and aspirin. It will usually go away after a while and it may help to let a radio play very softly in the background to "mask" the noise. Please ask your doctor to refer you to an ENT specialist if it persists for more than a month.

Posted by: Dale | 2009-07-07

I also have this ringing in my ears, it just seem to apper. It seems to be mostly when it is quiet, like in the evenings and in my office at work. I would also like to know what it could be.

Reply to Dale