Posted by: Candice | 2009-02-09

Ring Worm

I recently discovered a ring worm on my inner thigh and proceeded to take a deworming tablet called D-Worm which the pharmacist told me was a generic. I took it about a week ago and it is still there so I went to the pharmacy again and got some ketazol cream. How long will this take to get rid of the ring worm and why did the tablet not work the first time, was it because it was a generic. How long does it usually take for the tablet to take effect? And how often should one deworm oneself.

Dear Candice
D-worm only works for intestinal worms, not for ringworm, which is a fungus. Tinaderm works well for ringworm, you should keep on applying it up to a week after the signs of the ringworm disappear.