Question
Posted by: AJ | 2009/10/07

rights

Good Day,
Do I have any right to speak my mind if, in my opinion, someone is being treated unfair in the workplace?
The head of the department clearly stated that he doesn' t have to explain his decision to anyone, and we must comply with his decision! (in a very rude way)

Thank You

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: RIGHTS

Yes, you do have the right to speak your mind, however it must be noted that if something is in any way destructive towards the company it could lead to a disciplinary hearing. The normal way to do it would be to raise an objection through an internal grievance.