Posted by: Funkyheart | 2009-10-07

I cant believe i feel so happy and relieved that he has moved out. I am not sad at all. Do you think this is ok after 8 years of marriage? Do you think i can also get him to pay for 1/2 the bond + kids schools. He is the one that walked out after all. I cant afford the bond and i really dont want to move the kids. i want as little disruption on them as possible. Where can i find out my rights

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hello Funky heart,

your relief is I'm sure well justified. We often remain in dysfunctional relationships out of fear of the unknown, but when the step has been made, even though scary at times, the relief is definitely there to greet us.

For the leagl question you are welcome to contact me for a legal referral.