Posted by: Ribs | 2013-01-31

right ribs shorter

Hi there, I am not sure which expert to post this to, I''m a 28 year old lady and when I look in the mirror at my ribs it is very clear that my ribs on the right side are a lot shorter than my left side, almost as if a few ribs are missing. What could the cause be? And could it lead to any problems? Which expert would be the correct one to go to in order to have a look at it and see if it could be a problem? It does not look good, I look deformed and I find it harder to work my ab muscles on the right side.

Our bodies are not perfectly symmetrical and in some cases, it is more visible. You can consult your doctor for an examination and chest x-ray to exclude any underlying pathology.