Question
Posted by: Karen | 2011/01/24

Right knee tightness after herniated disc operation

Hi Gary
I have had a herniated disc operation at the end of November. Before the operation I had excruciating pain down by right leg. That pain is better but my right knee is so very tight especially after just sitting for 10 minutes (time period for which I am allowed to sit at the moment). I am back at work and have an desk bound job and sit, stand to work and move around as much as possible but the right knee is still so very tight and I am trying not to take too many pain killers like Myprodal. I am also worried that my left knee is taking strain. I do do exercises given by the physio. Can you give me any practical advise on how to help the stiffness - could this be caused by scar tissue?

many thanks
Karen

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Karen, Firstly it is important to establish exactly what is the reason for your knee symptoms before giving out advice.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2011/01/31

Reply to osteopath