Question
Posted by: Ruu | 2009-01-16

Right hand arm pain

Hi, my mom in law suffers an arm pain on the right hand side she fell and used it to balance and ever since that happend she ha been having the most excruciating pain ever and as a result she somrtimes cannot move her arm or hold anything

Ex - rays where done to check if the bone was broken and it came back ok. she feels better if she applys pressure or when she is asleep she lets it hang over the bed and that makes it better

what could be the problem?, if the bone is fine and its been about 7 months since the fall then whats causing all the discomfort and pain

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Ruu,
You have given me limited information about the fall but your mother in law is likely to be suffering from a soft tissue/muscular injury-ies to her shoulder or arm with probable contracture of associated tissues. Xray's only show bony anomolies.
I would advise her to see her local osteopath to find out and treat the cause of her ongoing problem.
For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath