Posted by: Ruu | 2009-01-14

Right hand arm Pain

Hi, my mom in law suffers an arm pain on the right hand side she fell and used it to balance and ever since that happend she ha been having the most excruciating pain ever and as a result she somrtimes cannot move her arm or hold anything

Ex - rays where done to check if the bone was broken and it came back ok. she feels better if she applys pressure or when she is asleep she lets it hang over the bed and that makes it better

what could be the problem?, if the bone is fine and its been about 7 months since the fall then whats causing all the discomfort and pain

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Ruu,

The pain could be referred rom the shoulder or the neck. if , for example a nerve in the neck is compressed it can lead to pain and weakness down the arm. She should be examined by an orthopedic surgeon to make the right diagnosis. An X- ray will not show the cause of her pain

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer

Posted by: Dulsie | 2009-01-21

Ek het dieselfde probleem - het ook geval (van ons trappe af). Het wel 18 maande gelede ' n nekoperasie gehad - kan dit wees dat my nek nou weer beskadig is en dat dit weer die pyn in my skouer en arm veroorsaak?

Reply to Dulsie