Posted by: Akon | 2009-05-19

Right ?

I have my sis in-law who has decided not to speak to me. I have tried to mend the relationship and she won' t take my calls, respond to my emails/smses. Basically we had a tiff cause for too long she wants to control us as she controls everyone else around her. She is a control freak who has a need to be needed. My hubby won' t be the mediator in this cause he wants to not get involved. She tells him that we must all come visit her for a weekend because her kids are missing us and our kids. Do I go? To a house of a person who doesn ' t speak to me.....

Why are youi pursuing her ? That leaves her in control and she's loving it. Stop trying. Don't cpontact her, and leave it up to her. If you don't hear from her again --- what a relief ! If you do, you can be pleasant, but not over-eager. YOur husband doesn't need to get involved, but if she is inviting you all for a wekend visit, he should just tell her he does't make that sort of arrangement, she'll need to contact you to make the plan

Posted by: Liza | 2009-05-19

Perhaps her reasons for inviting you all to stay for a weekend is because she wants to make up? Before you go and find out whether this is the case (she might still not be taking your calls because she might prefer to apologise/make up in person) ensure that your husband knows that if she doesn' t act hospitable towards you and makes you feel unwelcome in any way that he must be willing to take you all home. And he shouldn' t see this as taking sides, but see this as supporting you.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza