Question

Ridgeback Skin Problem

Good day,

I have a 13 month old female ridgeback. Lately some spots have occurred on her coat. It is not itchy, not red or swollen, no loss of hair, not hot to the touch and she' s being de-wormed regularly. It almost looks as if it is a discoloration of the skin, almost like freckles on humans? The skin is almost black in colour where the spots are. It does not seem to bother her it the least. Could she be allergic to her food (we are currently feeding her Bobtail). We have also started giving her a skin condition tablets (Bob Martin, two a day for 14 days), so far no improvement.

Do you perhaps have any advice? We have researched different skin diseases etc on the internet and have not found anything that even looks remotely like the spots she has? Could she possibly be allergic to her food?

Dear Anon

Sounds just like normal pigmentation of the skin to me.