Question
Posted by: Ellie | 2011/09/02

Ridaq vs Hexazide

Dr prescribed Ridaq with no substitution and medical aid sends me Hexazide with no choice else no cover. What do I do?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Ellie

You doctor can either write a letter to your medical aid, explaining why you should only be taking Ridaq (without the option of a generic),
or else you should purchase it from your local Pharmacy out of your own pocket.

Luckily Ridaq is not expensive at all.

6
Posted by: sheila | 2016/03/19

Since using radiq for over two years, I have. Now develope A nagging cough. As soon as I disconttinued the medication the cough was not so bad. Is there a substitute ?

Reply to sheila
Posted by: sheila | 2016/03/19

Reply to sheila
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/15

My husband suffers from excema. He was prescribed Ridaq but has been sent Hexazide as a chronic medication.Will this be compatible with his excema?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/11

if I change from ridaq to hexaxide,will the new tablets affect m

Posted by: Agrine Pilavachi | 2011/10/08

I have an issue where Dischem and other regular pharmacies cannot provide me with Hexazide and I have been given Ridaq. Only CMD seems to have access to this med and their admin is shocking.
Recently since starting on Ridaq, I have suffered from occasional dizzy spells and I don''t know if this is the result of changing medication.
Any ideas?

Reply to Agrine Pilavachi
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/09/05

Hi Ellie

Luckily Ridaq is not expensive at all.

Reply to pharmacist