Question
Posted by: Nelia | 2010/01/13

Rice vinegar

Please advise me on the use of rice vinegar as replacement to grape vinegar in my diet. It seems to burn my stomach more than ordinary vinegar when used in preparation of meals.

Dear Nelia
I am a bit puzzled as to which vinegar causes you distress? Does grape vinegar cause the problem or does rice vinegar give you the burning sensation in your stomach? My advice would be to avoid the use of any food or condiment that causes you distress because it could result in gastritis. Rather use small quantities of freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of vinegar in recipes. If your stomach discomfort continues, do consider having a medical checkup to exclude ulcers, etc.

1

Dear Nelia