Rice milk

i have terrible nasal congestion after just a little cow' s milk, have made the swop to organic rice milk. How do i lower the GI in my cereal since i am now using rice milk which i assume would not be a low GI. I understand that fat free milk or yogh would lower it but if i am using rice milk? i generally eat low gi cereal such as oats,all bran,low gi muesli - or is that enug low gi on its own or is the rice milk making it slightly higher?

Dear Reader
My copy of 'The SA Glycemic Index Guide' does not list Rice Milk, but I suspect that it may have a high GI. You can contact The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: and ask if they have a GI-value for Rice Milk. Soya milk and/or yoghurt would have a lower GI. According to the SA Glycemic Index Guide, most oat breakfast products like Instant oats have a high GI, while cooked oats porridge has an intermediate GI.
I hope that the GI-value of rice milk is available.