Question
Posted by: mariza | 2011/06/09

rice cakes

how many ricecakes can one eat per day

Dear Mariza
I checked in the new edition of the SA Food Tables and there are no values listed for rice cakes. You could check the energy content per cake or per 100g if you have a packet of commercial rice cakes available and if the energy content is lower than 170 kJ per 100g, then this is a low-energy food and you can probably eat quite a few rice cakes a day. If you are using the rice cakes as a substitute for bread or other wheat products in case of a wheat allergy then you can use 1 rice cake as a substitute for 1 thin slice of bread.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/09

Read on the packet but I think 2 cakes = 1 carb / slice of bread

Reply to Lee

Dear Mariza