Question
Posted by: Mitch | 2010/11/07

Ribs

Hi When i was plying rugby I took a hit on the back of my ribs which originally thought was bruised ribs it right ata the bottom back of my ribs but is still very tender also am battling to sleep 2 weeks down the line. It almost feels like its underneath the ribs and in one place on the bottom of my ribs if i push it it is extremely painful still. Is it bruised ribs or is it something else
Thanks Mitch

Hi Mitch

bruised ribs can be super painful, and do take quite long to heal. One step up would be broken ribs, but either way, there's not much you can do but ride it out. Two weeks is a long time, so that's pretty bad bruising, or a broken rib. The only way to confirm this is an x-ray, which you may wish to have just to reassure yourself.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/11/14

Hi Mitch

Reply to fitnessdoc