Question
Posted by: mia | 2009/08/20

rib pain

Hi doc.
Just wondering. I have a sharp pain in my ribs whenever i press onto my ribs with my hand. It seems that it affects all of my ribs, but not my spine or my sternum. I am slightly overweight. I only experience this pain when i press directly onto my ribs and not when sitting/walking etc. Do you have any idea what it might be?

Hallo Mia
You may have a bit of inflammation where the rib and cartilage meet or you may have inflammation in the small muscles between the ribs. Try topical anti-inflammatory jel like Voltaren?