Posted by: Linze | 2011-01-24

hi there,
i actually posted this to the reflexolgy speicalist, but I think its better addressed in this forum.

i have had about 4 cortisone neve blocks (over the space of 3 yrs). the second one took for 18 glorious months, and stopped all pain in my spine (lumbar) the last two done very recnetly did nothing.
My neuro suggested a rhizotomy, which I had done last week Thursday.
the pain stopped with immediate effect, and by Saturday afternoon it had returned, which felt possibly worse. I was wondering if you could tell me or would know how long this might persist, or what I might expect to happen?

I am starting to panic a little as I would like to get back to my training as I havent done any form of excercise since the 8th December 2010.

many sites say that for 5-10 days the pain may be worse, which I assume to be musclular pain, rather than the ''bone''/nerve pain.

not sure if you are able to assist here or not.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Linze
Treatment thus far seems to have been for symptoms - you should perhaps consider a chiropractic examination and possible treatment to eliminate the cause of the problem.