Posted by: Jade | 2009-02-12

I need some advice as I wake up every morning with thi spuffy red eyes and with mucous-like stuff coming out of them.I don' t get it often only thi stime of theyear and Im assuming its got something to do with the seonal changes. I think it might be hayfever/sinusitus, etc...but proffesional opinions would be appreciated.

Thanx Doc

Dear Jade
If the discharge is yellow and your eyelids stick to each other it may be a light bacterial infection on top of an allergy. Try Loratidine tablets 1 at night, Spersallerg eyedrops as needed for itchyness and for 3 days, Chloromycetin eyedrops 4 hourly if you are not allergic to any medications. If this does not help, see your doctor for an eye examination and the taking of a swab?