Question
Posted by: Anna-Marie Moulton | 2012/05/22

rheumatoid arthritis

I am on 15mg methotrexate per week for my RA. I have now heard from a friend that she is off the methotrexate since she started using SOLAL''s " Mastic Gum" , for rosacea - she says her RA is in remission.

Do you know about mastic gum?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Anna- Marie
I would not recommend going off your medication prescribed by a physician for something as severe as RA. Some companies tend to make claims without backing it up with scientific evidence. RA sometimes goes into remission on its own- you therefore don't know whether it is the Mastic gum or not. I would definitely not stop the methotrexate berfore consuting your rheumatologist!

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/05/23

Dear Anna- Marie

Reply to Healthy Bones