Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2012/03/07

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hi, my husband has been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthristis. He has been on Methotrexate, cortosoids, celebrex, solazophyrin and folic acid for about 8 months. They are starting biologicals now. What do we have to take into consideration when considering getting pregnant? What are the risks with the medication? Thanks in advance.

Dear Wondering

Most of the medication mentioned will effect sperm parameters such as morphology as well as sperm count and therefore it would be prudent to have a baseline sperm analysis done and should the sperm quality be reasonable I would advise freezing of the sperm for future use.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/03/20

Dear Wondering

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert