Question
Posted by: Jacqui Oosthuizen | 2010-02-21

Rheumatoid arthritis

My friend Sue is in severe pain. Had anal cancer in 2008, had chemo &  radiotherapy Nov 2008. In April 2009 severe rheum.arthr. started, was given Methetrexate (?) 7 tabs 5mg. Oct 2009 developed cellulitis, then had lymphodema. 3 lots of Taverox. 2 weeks ago started cellulitis in abdomen while having lymph drainage . Have been on anti-inflam tabs and steroids, and Augmentum 1000mg (5 a day) now finished. Right leg and groin are now very painful. She is desperate, What are her options and who should she consult. (No medical aid). PLEASE HELP.

Jacqui

She has a very complicated condition and I suggest that she consults an internal specialists. Being without medical aid, it can be difficult and I suggest that she asks her clinic to refer her at a specialists at the closest tertiary hospital.

Good luck.