Question
Posted by: inge | 2009/10/26

Rheumatoid arthritis

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis after the birth of my baby last year 2008. During my pregnancy my baby was also diagnosed with heartblock, he was born at 36 weeks and was in Neonatol ICU for 3 weeks, he' s doing well now and goes to see his cardiologist regularly. I' m 24 years old and my husband and I would love to have another baby next 2011. I see my specialist every 6 to 12 months, I am not on any treatment as I dont have any systems I just go for a regular check up. I' m scared that I' ll have another baby born with Heartblock dont get me wrong I love my child very much heartblock or not. Is there a treatment I will have to go on to prevent this from happening agai?

Hallo Inge
I think you should ask the cardiologist that is treating your baby what the possible cause of the heart block is - is it a familial problem or just something that happened without a cause? Does your baby have any other health problems? The cardiologist would be able to tell you if he thinks it is something that is hereditary.

3
Posted by: inge | 2009/10/29

The cause of his heart block is due to me having positive ant-ra and anti-ro. He said the possibility of having another baby born with heart block is between 5 to 10%, but is also still a high risk.

Reply to inge
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Inge

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Inge

Reply to cyberdoc