Posted by: Gabi | 2009-05-20

Rheumatoid Arthritis

My mom has slightly elevated Rheumatoid Factor and will be seeing a Rheumatologist, should I be tested as well. I am 28, exercise and eat moderately well. I do experience joint stiffness &  pain in my fingers and wrists (more so in winter). I work as a Sport Massage therapist so I take joint support (Arthaway) for the pain etc. Is there anything else I can take just to keep any inflammation &  stiffness down. Would you recommend additional exercising and change in diet?

Hallo Gabi
If you have symptoms it may be worthwhile to have yourself tested - if you have rheumatoid arthritis in your family, the earlier you begin treatment the better

Posted by: Gabi | 2009-05-21

Thanks Dr Bets, normally what would the treatment be? The symptoms I feel are slightly achey joints esp when it is cold. Once I have taken my joint support pills I feel fine, there is no morning stiffness &  I am not feeling fatigued. What test should I have?

Reply to Gabi