Question
Posted by: cherise | 2012-06-02

Rheumatoid arthirirthis

Good day

i have RA for the past two years , i am on solu medrol etc,. i have put on a huge amount of weight as a result i have cellulities etc.i am currently on a low gi eating plan and i am still putting on weight. after some research i actually found out that my weight gain is through the solu medrol, i am so pissed off beacuse my specialist never told me this , he kkkeps telling to to loss weight and yet i am battling because of the treatment he has me on. i am really miserable and while the solu medrol keeps me pain and flare free it is causing me to become obese. please advice is there alternative treatment

Cherise

You can ask your rheumatologist to stop the Solu medrol and to pursue other treatment options. Unfortunately, the current medication do cause weight gain and you will have to discuss the issue with your rheumatologist.