Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2009/06/24

Rheumatism

Hello Dr, I am 27 yrs and I went to see a gp regarding pain in my back, upper and lower, pain in my neck and chest as well as my legs. Chronic Fatigue, tender joints and night sweats. The gp has taken blood sample to test for Rheutism and is checking this because of my symptoms and because I get heart palpitations. Does Rheutism affect young people and does it cause night sweats? How is the disease treated? Thanks so much.

Dear Mandy
Yes rheumatoid arthritis can affect kids, young people and old people. It can cause night sweats too. It is treated with immune supression and anti-inflammatory medication.