Posted by: anon | 2009-08-05

I seem to be having a problem with sleep in my eyes.

I wear contact lenses (disposables) from ±  5 am until the time i go to bed (anywhere between 9 and 11) So im wearing them for over 15 hours a day.

I get this in the corner of my eyes by my nose pretty much all day. Its really gross and embarrasing. I have to continuously clean my eyes through the day and if i were eye makeup the sleep obviously goes the colour of my eye liner (BLACK!!) and is even more noticable.

I work in a very dusty dirty environment as well.

What causes this and What can i do to make this stop? Please note that my eyes are very sensative (they never used to be until i accidentally got hydrogen peroxide in them when i was 15) and i can only use the blue saline solution from bosch and lomb on my contacts as any other liquid makes my eyes burn as tho i soaked my lenses in acid.

Dear anon
This is a sign that you have a slight bacterial infection in your eyes. I am worried that you don't seem to use a sterilizing solution for your eyes at the moment - saline is not enough to clean the lenses. If you can't use the chemical sterilizing solutions you should get yourself the electrical heat sterilizer for your lenses. Please get some antibiotic eyedrops from your doctor and do not wear lenses for a few days until the discharge clears up. Also sterilize your lenses or wear a new pair when you do start again.