Posted by: Sue | 2011-07-20

Reynauds Phenomenon

Good morning
I posted on your site 2 days ago re the circulation in my 11 year old daughters hands. You recommended that I take her to her doctor, which I did, and he has diagnosed Reynauds Phenomenon. He did a urine test, which showed up some protein present, which he says is of concerm, so he had blood tests done, for which I am awaiting the results. He requested three different tests be done on the bloods, I''m not sure what they are, but he did say he was checking the kidneys.
Can you tell me what tests these might have been? Also, what could the presence of protein in the kidneys indicate considering the Reynauds? My daughter started with the symptoms of Reynauds around the same time as she got her first period - could this be connected? She has also been getting frequent headaches - could this be caused by the Reynauds?
I am so worried I dont know what to do with myself until the blood results come back. Please help.
Many thanks

Raynaud's Phenomenon is a vasospastic disorder of the blood vessels, supplying the hands and feet. This condition will not cause headaches, nor will it cause protein in the urine. The protein in the urine has to be examined, as it can be a sign of kidney disease.

I am not sure what blood tests have been done but please be so kind as to provide me with feedback.

There is no association of having your first period and being diagnosed with Raynaud's Phenomenon.