Posted by: ASH | 2009-01-30

Goodday- I started at a company in the year 2006 - I was offered a package in writing - this was a fixed salary and a stand by allowance - since I was and still am on 24 hour call out -

Management called me into the office today and advised that they have reviewed my salary and they want to deduct stand by allowance completely out of the package - the amount is R5700 - which is alot of money and I have a bond to pay -
Can this be done - or can I dispute the matter
please help -

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You can raise a grievance and certainly can refer the matter to the CCMA if you feel that you haven't been properly consulted with regard to the salary reduction.

Posted by: AJ | 2009-01-30

I don' t see how they can do that because they' re breaking their part of a legally binding agreement + in the process U are being put in a disadvantaged situation. Whatever U do DON' T agree to it or sign anything. Call a dispute + if they still insist on this then report them to dep. of labour or go to C.C.M.A. I think they' re taking a fat chance. Just don' t let them get away with it. Also in todays current economic climate some companies use this as an excuse to do nasty + unlawful things.

Reply to AJ