Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2008/09/03

Reversed Womb

Hi Doc,

Ive had an ultrasound done with the result being that my womb is upside down/reversed. I was also told that I cannot have children as a result of this. Is this possible that I cannot conceive at all? I am currently on the pill, should I stop taking the pill if this is true? Or is there a possibility that I can conceive?

Please advise.

Thank You

This is not true. 20% of all women have a retroverted uterus. If there is no other problem, this will not interfere with falling pregnant.

2
Posted by: Samantha | 2008/09/04

Thanks Lana, now i know Im not the only one with this problem.

Samantha

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Lana | 2008/09/03

Hi Samantha,
NO - do not go off the pill. I went to my Gyne last year, also told me my womb is upside down, and I won' t be able to fall pregnant again. Due to the fact that I already have 3 children I decided in March 08 to go off Yasmin. Woops, 22 July 2008 found out I was 7 weeks pregnant. Went back to Gyne, now he said: " I told you it would be difficult to fall pregnant, never said you WILL NOT be able to fall pregnant."  My advice, If you do not want to have any (or anymore) children - STAY ON THE PILL!! So glad someone else is in the same position as I am. But, sorry to tell you, I did went for an abortion!! Due to financial difficulties we could not afford anymore children. Hope you understand. But, I am back on the pill again. DO NOT want to have another abortion - emotionally...... NO!!
Lana

Reply to Lana