Question
Posted by: dowwe dolla | 2008/08/04

reversal of sterilization

I am almost 42 have been sterilized just over a year ago. I have one child from a previous marriage. My husband of 6 months have no children of his own and has hinted that he would like to have a child of his own. What I would like to know is the process reversable what are the risks and is it advisable? The procedure was done by laproscopy and the tubes were tied off by clips.

The success rate of reversal in your situation would be about 30%. However, do remember at that at the age of 42 years, fertility is decreased and also there is an increased risk of Down syndrome.