Question
Posted by: Longing | 2010-08-19

REVERSAL

I am HIV +, taking ARV, my viral load is undetected. I sterilized 5 years ago and now I would like to do a reversal is it possible.

Dear Longing

Indeed it is possible to do the reversal of sterilization. However I would advise against this due to the fact that you would then be engaging in unprotected intercourse, which despite the undetectable viral load is still not an absolute safe situation. It is known that viral loads fluctuate from time to time and under different circumstances and therefore is unpredictable. The safest option in your situation would be to opt for in-vitro fertilization as this obviates the need for a big operation and the risk associated with such an operation and furthermore would be a far more successful and safer road to pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-08-27

Dear Longing

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Longing | 2010-08-23

Thank you Anon. You''ve given me hope.

Reply to Longing
Posted by: ANON | 2010-08-20

I have been sterlized in 2006. got my reversal done by dr cassim, bio art fertility clinic, parktown, jhb.
give them a call
good luck
the results is 70% average. i am still hoping and praying

Reply to ANON