Our expert says:
Dog Behaviour Expert
Hi, Erika, gosh, with so little information it really is hard for me to work out why it is happening. Is there any way that you could send me more info so I can help i.t.
1. Always barks at gate or door
2. Happens at a particular time of day
3. Has recently had a fright or change in circumstances i.e. new neighbours, new addition or change to family, regular walking stopped, anybody ill in family etc.
4. Your reaction to the barking.
5. How much exercise and mental stimulation does he get.
Plus anything else you can think of. When trying to analyse why a behaviour is happening, we need to look at what has caused it and the above will help me to give you some ideas.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.