Question
Posted by: Erika Newman | 2011/08/01

Retriever Cross

He wasn''t a noisy dog, but now he barks at anything?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi, Erika, gosh, with so little information it really is hard for me to work out why it is happening. Is there any way that you could send me more info so I can help i.t.
1. Always barks at gate or door
2. Happens at a particular time of day
3. Has recently had a fright or change in circumstances i.e. new neighbours, new addition or change to family, regular walking stopped, anybody ill in family etc.
4. Your reaction to the barking.
5. How much exercise and mental stimulation does he get.

Plus anything else you can think of. When trying to analyse why a behaviour is happening, we need to look at what has caused it and the above will help me to give you some ideas.

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/08/01

1. Always barks at gate or door
2. Happens at a particular time of day
4. Your reaction to the barking.

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert