Question
Posted by: Monica | 2011/02/07

Retrenchment queries

How does it work ? Taxed and UIF deducted from lump total? Leave is that what you would have taken in Easter &  Dec break ? They say I will get 1 day for March public holiday. Tax directive - what, how,who,when ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Retrenchment queries

The first thirty thousand rand paid as a severance pay can be claimed to be tax free if you have never accesed this in the past.

Many companies do have specific times when you can take leave.

2
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/02/15

re: Retrenchment queries

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Monica | 2011/02/10

Posted by: Monica | 7/2/2011
Work at a construction company, 16 yrs. Our leave is only in
December when industry shuts down. Retrenchment are now beginning.

How does it work ? Taxed and UIF deducted from lump total? Leave is that what you would have taken in Easter &  Dec break ? They say I will get 1 day for March public holiday?? Tax directive - what, how,who,when ?

Reply to Monica