Question
Posted by: Uncertain | 2009/10/09

Retrenchment advice

The co. where my son in law works retrenched some staff in May this year. They still have not received their provident fund money + some of them still dont have other work. The other day when they enquired they were told by the fund that it will take another 3 mths. because of having to wait for tax clearance from SARS. This does not sound right 2 me. What can the hold up be + what can they do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Provident Fund Payouts

The Provident Fund monies are not controlled by the Company. You need to speak to one of the Trustees of the Provident Fund or the Managers of the Provident Fund. It does not sound correct that they need a Tax Clearance from SARS.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/10/16

re: Provident Fund Payouts

Reply to labour lawyer