Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/10/13

Retrenchment

Pls can you assist me, we have to retrench some of our people, we are a very small company, how do I go about doing that or how do I work out if someone works from May 2010 up to October 2010. what do I pay him out.
Thx

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Retrenchment

Every company must follow Section 189 or Section 189(A) of the Labour Relations Act. You will follow Section 189 because you have less than 50 employees. You need to give each employee a letter in terms of Section 189(3). It is recommended that you read this section very carefully and you follow it to the letter of the law.

If people were started on the exact same date, then you would choose people in accordance with their abilitites.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010/10/19

Re: Retrenchment

Reply to Labour Lawyer