Question
Posted by: No Name | 2010/02/16

RETRENCHED

I was retrnched last October and fortunately after 2 weeks the company called me back and offered me another position which is lower compared to my previious I have accepted it and they also reduced my salary and now lately in the old department they need my help on a daily basis and I am helping them out but I have been feeling used down and angry at the same time because it looks like I am doing 70% of that job and 30% of my new position.
I am very confused and scared to say NO if they ask me to and they have given me full control of other things that are not in my new job description what are my rights

Sounds like you may need to chat with the Dept of Labour and maybe a good labour lawyer or the free law clinic at your nearest law school -I guess they might have been entitled to take you back at a lower level and lawe salary- but not to then expect you to act at your previous, higher-paid level. Check on the legal and Dept of labour side - if you have a legitimate complaint, they may not be entitled to penalize you for complaining

1