Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2011/05/12

Retirement fund

i earn R700.00 a week (admin Clerk). I just get by on my salary. Now my boss/father inlaw tells me that by " law"  we have to join a retirement fund. He has joined something called NUMSA. This retirement fund will cost me almost R60.00 a week and i really dont even have R20.00 to spare. Is this really law that the employees have to pay for this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Retirement fund

It sounds like you belong to a company that falls under a particular bargaining council. If that is the case then you have to be registered with the retirement fund, you have no choice.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: Retirement fund

Reply to Labour Lawyer