Question
Posted by: NEED TO KNOW | 2010/06/02

RETIN A?

Please could you recommend a RETIN A cream (for facial use) and how is this obtainable? only on prescription? and if so, can my G.P. prescribe it? I am in my late 50''s

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Need to Know’, thank you for your question.

There are a number of Vitamin A creams available (Retin-A & Retacnyl) and these can only be obtained on prescription (your GP should be able to prescribe it for you).

Vitamin A has been showed to improve the texture of the skin, reduce the number of pores and their size, and improve the appearance of fine lines. Some people develop a sensitivity to the product and my suggestion is to use it only at night (in the beginning apply it sparingly to the skin every 3rd to 4th night).

3
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/06/12

Reply to anti-ageing expert
Posted by: Thandi | 2010/06/09

hi just wanted to tell you as a retin a user that yes it is by script only and comes in different strengths, I am using the strongest concentration because of my bad acne. If you are in your 50s you perhaps want to use it for its anti-wrinkle effects, your dermatologist will best advise you on the correct strength to use. It is best prescribed by a derma than a GP because it is quite a high-schedule medication and must be used under proper dermatological care

best of luck

thandi

Reply to Thandi
Posted by: Thandi | 2010/06/09

best of luck

thandi

Reply to Thandi