Question
Posted by: nicola | 2009/10/22

retin a

Can Retin A be used for wrinkles??

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nicola, thank you for the question.

The active ingredient in Retin A is Tretinoin and its main use is in the treatment of acne however positive effects are seen on sun damaged skin including wrinkles. Unfortunately a number of people who use Retina A suffer from side effects such as dry skin, flaky skin, sensitive skin, sensitivity to the sun, and even a dermatitis type reaction.

2
Posted by: ANNE | 2009/11/07

Hi Im 49 and started using Roc anti wrinkle day and night cream with Retinol. I used it twice and got a very bad allergic reaction. I then got a prescription from my GP and started using Retin A. Yes it dries out the skin, but I only use it 3x per week at night, and in the day I use a good moisturizer, my skin is looking very good. Do try Retin A but remember " slowly but surrely..."  The flakyness is part of getting rid off the old skin, look it up on the net also, here is alot of info there.....good luck. (I used Retin A when I was a teenager for acne also with good results.)

Reply to ANNE
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/10/25

Hi Nicola, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert