Question
Posted by: blossom | 2008/09/04

retin a

i really enjoy your forum and have learnt a lot! i am 51 and am still suffering with mild adult acne. i have restarted on retin a and so far so good. i am not able to afford expensive treatments or other medication (eg - dermabrasion, fraxil, peels etc). will this help? i use the retin a at night, and in the morning use environ spf 15 or otherwise clinique city block 40. my t-zone is still very oil with whiteheads on my forehead.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Blossom, thank you for the question and I am glad you are finding benefits from the forum.
The Retin A is a good treatment for acne but I would add the following to your regime:
Only use oil free products such as the NeoStrata range for oil prone and acne skin.
Use oil free SPF such as Heliocare and a glycolic acid face wash.
The above regime should help with the sebum that is being produced in the areas you have mentioned and help to get rid off the whiteheads.