Question
Posted by: Informed | 2008/06/24

Retained placenta

I have 2 children, 6yrs and 22 months. I had no problems with my first pregnancy. After that however I had 3 early miscarriages. When I finally fell pregnant with my daughter I was on Ecotrin for most of my pregnancy. After her delivery I had a retained placenta. My question is this. Could the miscarriages, Ecotrin or anything else be a cause for my retained placenta, and will it be possible for me to have a natural birth again without the same problem occuring? Would a c-section be suggested instead? Thank you.

Retained placentae can occur in anybody regardless of background history. It certainly can occur again, but not an indication for a caesarean section.