Question
Posted by: Macdee | 2009-03-13

Retacnyl

Hi there,

I have been told that Retacnyl lotion is a good product for anti ageing as it helps rebuild collagen. Is this true? I am also told that your skin becomes sensitive to the sun. Would wearing a factor 40 be of any benefit? Would I be harming my skin if I use Retacnyl?

Macdee

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Macdee, thank you for the question.

Retacnyl’s active ingredient is Tretinoin (Vitamin A derivative) and should only be used under the supervision of a doctor who will prescribe the appropriate usage for you, and discuss the possible side effects one may experience.

Some side effects that one may experience are as follows:

Warmth or slight stinging of the skin
Lightening or darkening of the skin
Red, scaling skin
Swelling, blistering, or crusting of the skin

Typically the dosage is once daily and it is usually applied at night.
Tretinoin has been shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; it also has the ability to smooth the texture of the skin, and can act as an anti-oxidant.

One should use a high SPF during the day and it must contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide, and remember to apply several times daily.

1
Posted by: Alexander | 2014-03-03

Hello, I have been using retacnyl quite sometimes and my face get swollen since then. should I continue to use? my skin did peel, have some redness and sensitive to sub light yet I handle it with lotion and it work fine. please advise on this regards Alexander

Reply to Alexander