Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/05/16

Results - Lipogram and insulin

Dear Doc

My test came back mostly normal. Chol 5.2, LDL slightly elevated at 3.3, and HDL could be higher too (1.36). Chol:HDL 3.8 But insulin (4.2) and trigs (0.61) were completely normal. So the situation isn''t as dire as I thought. I need to calibrate the analyzers at work though! My eating plan (Weighless) is going well, and I am taking omega-3 supps, so the LDL should be normalized soon. Thanks for your help.

Dear Racoon
Good to hear that your lipogram and glucose results are not a disaster after all. It is a good idea to calibrate those analysers at work, because I can remember when I worked in a laboratory at the CSIR doing food research, that if we didn't calibrate the instruments properly or make up fresh standards regularly that we would get way-out results! Using a blank and a standard also helps. I am pleased that you are doing well with the Weigh-Less diet and that you are taking an omega-3 supplement, which should help for the LDL. Weightloss per se, will of course also lower all the lipids.
Keep well

1

Dear Racoon
Keep well