Question
Posted by: anxious | 2010/03/08

RESULTS

Hi Dr Bets

My urologist phoned me 08:15 on Friday and confirmed that the lab cultured my sample and he wanted me to take 10 days Zinnat 500mg to knock out the infection completely. I have to hand in another test middle of next week. I felt so nausous Fri am (one of my very common symptoms!) and didn''t want to eat - which was necessary to take the Zinnat - the pharmacist said take the stemetil which I had, wait 1/2hr and then eat and take the Zinnat - you have to eat before taking it! I know, I just wasn''t up to eating! I find stemetil works very well for me for nausea so I was able to then take it! I hate antibiotics, but I know I have to take them and with interflora. Not keen, but maybe I''ll have to give maintenance another go - I stopped it in mid-Jan because of rash I had (100mg macrodantin at night) but my gp wants me back on it for a while. All in all both gp and urologist are adamant that I have still been better off having had my kidney op, even with these odd infections, which need prompt treatment! Eek, both are away for 2 wks over easter - I just hope I don''t have any problems while they''re away - I don''t mind if 1 of them is away. This doesn''t happen very often and they''re the only 2 who know my full kidney history!

Hi Anxious
Well, not so nice to know that there is an infection but at least you can go on medication now! Zinnat is good antibiotics but quite strong, so keep taking those probiotics and enough water! Hope you are better soon.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/08

Hi Anxious

Reply to cyberdoc