Question
Posted by: Nev | 2011/03/17

Restriction of trade

Is it lawful to sign a restrict of trade and can they hold you to that if you resign. What is the boundaries of this

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Restriction of Trade

It is lawful to sign a restriction of trade and once you have signed it and even if you resign you are bound by it. This restraint of trade can be checked to see if it is legal. You need an expert to have a look at this specific restraint.

3
Posted by: Trev | 2011/04/12

I suppose that if you dont have a job, and the prospective employer wont hire you you unless you sign the restriction prior to being employed, then they have you over a barrel& mdash But if you are already employed ,under certain pre-conditions, the BCEA being the minimum, then I dont think you can be forced to sign anything, I wouldnt sign anything like that, it would have to be imposed on me without my signature.

Reply to Trev
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/03/25

re: Restriction of Trade

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2011/03/22

It is lawful and they can hold you to it. It just cannot be so broad that it will stop you from contuing with your chosen career

Reply to Whena